Welcome to East Village Afternoon... enjoy your pop.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Finding Real Journalists to Work at TV Guide Canada, Now That's Hard!


Well, hell. Now TV Guide Canada has published a retraction of their earlier article in which they printed that Ed O'Neill of ABC's "Modern Family" said that he thought his co-star, Sofia Vergara, should have won the Emmy over Jane Lynch for "Glee".
.
(ed o'neill and sofia vergara)
.
Following is TV Guide Canada's full retraction:


Earlier this week, TV Guide Canada published a story misquoting Ed O’Neill’s recent comments about Jane Lynch’s Emmy win. Our writer did not mean to misrepresent Mr. O’Neill or anyone else involved in the story. He and TV Guide Canada sincerely apologize for this error.

Mr. O’Neill’s real quote is as follows:

“I’m one of Jane Lynch’s biggest fans. I love Jane Lynch. She is a genius. But at the same time I said ‘Sofia could win’ because … and I’ve only seen Glee a couple of … I’ve only seen Glee once. But I thought Jane’s role is rather one-dimensional. It’s kind of strident. It’s always kind of the same. I’ve seen her be much better. So I thought ‘Sofia’s funnier,’ and I think she is in these two comparative roles. Anyway, Jane won. But I was hoping that Sofia would.”
.
Damn. What a buzzkill. It was so much more fun when we thought Ed O'Neill had gone all Hollywood ego on us and actually started believing that "Modern Family" was as great as what his paid staff tells him it is.

No comments:

LinkWithin